Bookmark and Share

Sunday, May 20

Playing Around

Well.

Um.

I was planning on going to church this morning, but it didn't work out.

I got up and took a shower. Not so quick, because I brush my teeth and shave in the shower. Ryan needs about 5 minutes to take his shower. Hope wanted a bath. "Make it quick, so we can go to church." Yeah, right.

First, she had to drain the water because something was floating in the water. Then, she had to fill it. She made lots of bubbles, which needed to be rinsed off. So, she had to drain the water, and I had to start the shower going to get the bubbles off of her. Now, she's crying because I didn't give her the shower head to rinse the tub out. I don't care about the tub. I wanted her rinsed off. She sat and cried and refused to get clean.

So, church started 20 minutes ago. By the time she's dried off, dressed, and her hair brushed, they'll be saying the closing prayer.

Faith's last day of school was this last week. She told me to ask for a week off, while the kids are still in school, so we had time to work on the house together. Unfortunately, she didn't know I got the time off, so she didn't ask for any. I have most of next week off, and she works. Guess what ...... I've got a honey-dew list now for my mini-vacation.

I've slowed on playing Medievia, mostly because I've just about reached Hero-dom, and the remainder of what I have to do is time consuming. I don't have a lot of time. Well, not in large chunks like I need for the game. I got frustrated and downloaded World of Warcraft, not because I wanted to play WoW, I just wanted to play something less frustrating. Faith said if I wanted to keep playing it, we'd have to cancel NetFlix, because of the monthly fees. blah. I'm not that interested in WoW. You buy the game, then still have to pay a $15/month subscription fee.

Guild Wars, on the other hand, has no monthly fees. You buy the game, and you play online. Simple. They've released 2 or 3 more modules, and they're going back to the drawing board for a huge upgrade, due out in a few years. The basic set is $35, whereas WoW starts at $50, I think. Maybe if I scrimp and save, and come up with the money on my own, she'll let me buy it. Fathers Day and our anniversary are coming up, so I may end up with a little more cash.

Of course, if I all of a sudden say I have the $40 to buy the game, she may just tell me to buy gas for the car with it too.

No comments: