Bookmark and Share

Saturday, May 26

"Reform Math" Leaves Some Perplexed, New Curriculum Has Some Parents So Concerned, They're Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands - CBS News

Well, what do you know? All of our fuzzy lines are bleeding over into our math now.

No boundaries. No rules. No right and wrong. Whose to say that I can't do this or that. Who are you to make rules for my life.

And guess what?

It's bringing down scores on tests mandated by the No Child Left Behind act.
Test scores? Down? No wonder. When we can make up our own rules, we can't meet the standards set by others. Guess what? My standards aren't as high as those the experts set.

There is a story of a kindergartener who came home and said he was 7 feet tall. Then he pulled up his measuring stick he made at school, and, sure enough, he was seven feet tall. By his own ruler. But he isn't really seven feet tall. More like three.

Today, we have so many people who measure themselves by others standards. Or by their own standards. But, when we get to heaven, God is going to ask "Why should I allow you into My Heaven?" Its His place. His abode. His rules.

Well, I was good by my standards, but its not good enough by His standards.

Fuzzy math is going to do to our scientists, engineers, etc, the same thing relaxed morals has done. We won't be able to compete. Internationally, or morally.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I finally found my way back to your blog! You have some good insight. Was very interested in the one @ Math scores as I recently worked with a lady who was brought into our school system to see why our kids math scores were down...DUH.
I enjoy your spiritual insight...you should spend your time putting together a small devotional booklet.