Bookmark and Share

Friday, December 30

The New Tolerance

It's amazing how things all dove-tail together at once. I got off track concerning Lamentations 2.14, then I pick up a book titled The New Tolerance. I read a few chapters, when I got this email from a friend.

GOD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU...
It shall be well with you this year. No matter how much your enemies try this year, they will not succeed. You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all your goals this year. For the remaining months of the year, your problems will enter Call blocking, your enemies will have network problems and their bad wishes for you will enter into voicemail and you will only get them as missed calls. All your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be your incoming calls! Heavens have confirmed today the end of your sufferings sorrows and pains because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY. He will never let you down. I knocked at heavens door this morning, God asked me... My child!, what can I do for you? And I said, Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message... God smiled and answered... Request granted.



Its amazing, isn't it, how much this sounds like a prophecy from Jeremiah's contemporaries. "Peace, peace." Its nice to hear these things, and wonderful to believe. But dangerous.

All my problems will be gone? All my enemies will become friends? An end to sufferings, sorrow, pain, and hardship? I don't think so.

The new tolerance states that we need cannot judge, but must be tolerant and accepting of others values and beliefs. So? This means the Muslims', Buddhists', and atheists' beliefs, values, and lifestyles are all equally true and valid. Which in turn means I have no higher moral ground to stand upon in which to judge them.

Well, sure, I don't want to condemn them, but their values and lifestyles are not based on Truth. The fool has sad there is no god, but for me to point this out is "politically incorrect" and "culturally insensitive". In effect, our message has been emasculated. The Gospel is no longer good news, merely another news outlet. I can no longer say that abortion is sin, homosexuals go to hell, or that Mohammed was delusional, or sincerely deceived.

What about that sweet email? That is what we are reduced to sending each other. False and foolish seductions that don't set the captives free.

It is true that we are worried about offending our friends, so we don't speak the truth in fear of harming our friendship. Yet, it is coming to the point where we will not be allowed to speak the truth in our own blogs, or from our own pulpits. The though police will be watching and listening to correct us, much like in China.

I don't want to live in China, so, thanks for the email, but I prefer to hear the truth.

No comments: