Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, December 20

Bush w/ a Sword

"'The American people expect me to do everything in my power, under our laws and Constitution, to protect them and our civil liberties,' he said."


So, President Bush thinks he can spy on the American people? He thinks we want him to this?

Sure, I say, I've got nothing to hide. If someone spies on me, what are they going to find? I read too much, and spend too much time online. I'm a good worker, but I spend a little more than I bring in. I've got smart, beautiful kids and a good marriage. The FBI/CIA/NSA can put that in their official records.

Our government was established by God, and given power, a sword, to punish the wicked and reward the good. What have I to fear from my president if I don't cross the line? Nothing. Yet, if I take the sword out of his hand, he can no longer protect me from the evil that lies outside our borders.

And if the evil has crept into our borders, he needs to use it on our own people. Those who would turn against us are not of us anyway. They have become the enemy, and should fear him.

Beware, Bush has a sword, and he's not afraid to us it.

No comments: