Bookmark and Share

Monday, November 14

Why did we go to war?

I'm sick of all this. Bush mislead us? He lied to us? I think I'm missing something here.

My wife and I both remember 9/11. (Our daughter was born shortly after.) Buildings. Planes. Burning. Death. Massive homicides. Al Qaeda. "Let's go get them!" With me so far?

Where was Al Qaeda, and Osama bin Laden? In Afghanistan. That's why we invaded this little country. What did we do? We declared war on Terrorism.

Why did we invade Iraq? The war on Terror. President Saddam Hussein was allowing terrorists to train in his country, use his resources, funding, supplies, etc.

I was not, and still am not, worried about WBD. "It's not the man with 2 dozen nukes I worry about. Its the man who only wants one." Saddam hadn't threatened us. Nor was he a threat to us. It was the fanatics, terrorists, and homicide bombers who used his country as a base of operations.

How did we get so off track?

No comments: