Bookmark and Share

Thursday, November 24

Chocolate pie

Thanksgiving Dinner was really good. Both of them. I brought rolls and sugar cookies to work for our potluck. Afterwards, I went to my in-laws for our family dinner. More turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green beans, and pie. I am so full right now.

This is a picture of Hope putting whipped cream on the chocolate pie. I hurt. I have eaten chocolate, cherry, and pumpkin pie, as well as my sugar cookies.

Want my sugar cookie recipe?

1 c. sugar
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. butter or oleo
3/4 c. cooking oil
2 beaten eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
4 1/2 c. sifted flour

Cream together sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and cooking oil. Mix all ingredients together and then chill dough. Form into small balls. Place on a cookie sheet, and flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Use ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 until golden brown. (I cook mine for 8-9 minutes.)

2 comments:

Raven said...

This comment "I pursued knowledge of God, and it helped some. Now, though, I pursue God himself." hit me squarely in the heart.

I share your quest. In that quest I found this book an amazing read. Fingerprints of the gods - Graham Hancock.

As with any book don't swallow hook line and sinker, but read objectively and with a discerning mind and you will find nuggets of gold.

DM Dad said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll keep it in mind.

My mom just sent me one TrueFaced. It talks of the difference between serving God to please Him, or because I trust Him.

Sounds good.

What is the Fingerprints of the Gods about?