Bookmark and Share

Friday, September 23

Off of Reading

The American Spectator has an article about a man who can't read anymore. Not that he's illiterate, or blind. He's just burnt out on it for a while, which really is too bad. I know how he feels.

He stuck watching tv. A lot of sports, from baseball and football to tennis and golf. I'd have to be pretty desparate before I watched tennis or golf. Its hard navigating through the channels avoiding news and reality tv. That doesn't leave a whole lot to watch.

Not able to read. Its tough. I have a lot of books. My father-in-law hates helping us move because of all the books we have. But every once in a while, nothing sounds good. What shoud I read now? Philosophy, or fantasy? Biography or mystery? The list goes on and on and on. Read something new, or an old favorite. There just isn't enough time.

ON my desk, right now, I have a chronological bible and three daily devotional guides. But its hard to get into them. Mornings are my best times. Its quiet, I'm awake, and the kids are awake. So is my wife. All I have to do is get myself ready, but I still don't usually pick up the bible to read it. I want something that feels more exciting.

But, every time I open it back up, I enjoy reading it. No matter where I turn, its good. Maybe not thrilling adventure on every page, but its there too. Philiosophy, biography, adventure, and everything else I desire.

Its time to stop "feeling" and just do it.

No comments: