Bookmark and Share

Sunday, January 23

The Journey of Ten-thousand miles

"Children, draw near to your Father, and He will embrace you in the arms of love! Come, ye poor, stray, wandering sheep, return to your Shepherd! Come, sinners, to your Saviour! Come, ye dull, ignorant, and illiterate, ye who think yourselves the most incapable of prayer! ye are more peculiarly called and adapted thereto. Let all without exception come, for Jesus Christ hath called all."

This dovetails in with what I remember from Watchman Nee. My current standing with God does not rely on my current actions, or lack of them. I can pray anytime.

This is important to me now because its been so long since I really prayed. I've got lots of excuses. The biggest ones being children. They throw a wrench into anyones schedule. Then there is work. Being at work at 6:30 in the morning makes it real hard to get up any earlier than I am. And going to bed earlier is just as hard.

The point being, how can I just show up? I feel like someone who stood up his date, and now needs to make up. Do I bring flowers, chocolate, both, a real expensive dinner? Or do I just give up and hope to find love with someone else? Except, with God, He is the only one out there. No more millions of fishes in the ocean.

How do I come back? With boldness, because Jesus is there. Its not my actions, attentiveness, or anything else. I represent Jesus. Jesus is always welcome.

So, I don't need to feel guilty about my laxness. I can still come into his presence.

Thank God for that.

No comments: