Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, August 4

Life, the Universe, and Everything

And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters Have you ever felt like this? I sure have. The first part of the verse, I mean. I feel like that all the time. Like my life is a waste, an empty void. Without meaning or purpose.
I went to college with a goal in mind. That was 15 years ago, and I still haven't attained that goal. (I've pretty much given up on it, to tell the truth. I know God can still pull it off if He wants. But I'm not sure anymore that it was His plan in the first place.)
I used my training in different churches, up until here. This church is too big to need me. Besides, I have two children, and my time seems to disappear into a black hole. (Although that may be my addiction to the computer, and not them.)
Ten years working in libraries, and its the same story. The libraries here just aren't hiring, and don't really need anybody else.
Whats a guy to do? Everything I have done or planned up to this point just doesn't seem to apply to my future. Darkness, void and waste. The state of things at the Beginning.
Hmmm, the Beginning. Not "The End." Its at this point when the Spirit moves upon the face of the earth and the act of creation begins. True beauty emerges. So, maybe my best days are ahead of me. The Spirit of God has moved in my life in the past. I need to wait upon the Lord in patience, and see what else he has in store for me. At the end, God should be able to look down at my life and say, "Good, its very good."

No comments: